Greenwood Capital partners with a number of plan providers to offer group retirement solutions tailored to your business and participant needs, including:
- 401(k) – A tax-advantaged retirement account where employees make automatic contributions towards their retirement through payroll deductions. Some employers match employee contributions up to a certain percentage. Employee contributions are not taxed, and investment earnings are not taxed until the employee withdraws the money, typically after retirement.
- Roth 401(k) – Similar to a 401(k), except contributions are taxed with withdrawals made tax-free.
- 403(b) – Very similar to a 401(k), just available to employees of public schools and other tax-exempt organizations.
- Profit Sharing Plans – This retirement plan enables employees to share in the profits of the company.
- Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) IRA – A SEP IRA is an individual retirement account where contributions are made by the employer. As an employer-sponsored plan, the SEP enables higher contribution limits than a traditional IRA, with the ability to vary those contributions up to stated IRS limits annually. This provides additional flexibility in managing your business.
- Defined Benefit Plans – More commonly referred to as a pension plan, which states a targeted monthly benefit you will receive at retirement based on various plan and participant factors, or a cash balance plan, which states the benefit received as a target account balance at retirement.
Greenwood Capital streamlines the implementation and ongoing management of group retirement solutions by identifying and reviewing potential partners to deliver your corporate plans. Greenwood Capital is your liaison for plan oversight and works with you and your team to address any potential needs you may have with the various parties — providing you direct, local access for your retirement plan(s).
Partnering with Greenwood Capital provides you and your participants a great deal of flexibility in managing the investment aspects of your retirement plan. At your direction, we may also consult on the investment options utilized within your corporate plan, or we may directly advise or manage the investment options. Depending on your plan design, we may also manage assets for participants directly. We will work with you to determine the approach that best meets your business objectives.
Greenwood Capital works directly with you to understand your business and your business objectives in offering a group retirement plan. We then come alongside you to facilitate the plan design and development with your various providers to implement a plan that meets your business objectives. In doing so, we provide:
- Global Perspective for your investment offering
- Personal Approach with a local relationship and dedicated contact
- Plan design advice to achieve business objectives
- Ongoing plan oversight and partner review within the best interest of participants
Email a Retirement Specialist
The Greenwood Capital team will meet directly with your employees to offer:
- Participant education
- Facilitated enrollment
- One-on-one participant planning and advice through your employees’ various life stages, including approaching retirement and post-retirement
We can provide this on-site or virtually, depending on your business and employee needs.
Email a Retirement Specialist
See how Greenwood Capital tailors and streamlines the many options to meet your objectives and vision for retirement.
With concern for you, your business, and your employees, we take an advisory approach to your company-sponsored retirement plans. Offering group retirement benefits typically requires multiple parties, all working together in the best interest of your company and your employees. As the plan sponsor, you may partner with:
- An investment adviser to provide plan oversight, participant education, and monitor investment options
- A plan administrator to provide plan design, regulatory filings, compliance, disclosures, participant enrollment, statements, and online access
- A recordkeeper/custodian to safeguard plan assets
As your investment adviser, Greenwood Capital takes the guesswork out of putting these providers together in a cohesive solution. We work with you to understand your business objectives and tailor a provider and plan recommendation.
Browse Retirement Blog Posts
The first step of saving for retirement is to implement an investment strategy that provides the annual income you will need, while balancing other considerations, such as liquidity, your risk tolerance, and anticipated rates of return. This includes understanding what type of account you should be utilizing and how much you should be saving.
Our life expectancy has increased at a steady pace over the years and is expected to continue increasing. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the average 65-year-old American can expect to live another 19.6 years.
The timing of Social Security benefits is one of the most frequent questions we get from...